Waterford Healthy Cities 10/02/2016
Review of 1st Meeting 2016
- NALA Crystal Clear Award is to be promoted in Waterford City and County. The award is to recognise Doctors and Pharmacies that offer good health literacy services. GP and Pharmacy trainers in Waterford have spread the word about the award. A NALA representative along with Healthy Waterford representative are trying to support and encourage participation. So far – only 1 pharmacy and 1 doctor on board.
- Healthy Waterford will be co-ordinating Mental Health Week in October with the ‘Link Up’ Group. In addition, it is hoped that they will work closely with the ‘Well Festival’ run during the same week. Link Up includes reps from Mental Health Ireland, Social Workers with HSE, Focus Ireland, Waterford Sports Partnership, and Mental Health Association.
- Mayors Health Week will take place 9th – 14th May 2016. It will focus on ‘Positive Mental Health’. It is hoped events will be organised both in the city and county. More details to follow on events etc.
- Food Bank in process of being set up. Brothers of Charity in Ferrybank will be the collection point for baskets. No delivery service available yet. €3 per basket. For more information visit http://biafi.ie/
- Annual Community Grants Application procedure coming soon.
- Tidy Estate Awards set to return
- Community Festival Fund now available
You can contact me by email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like me to mention anything on your behalf at the Healthy Waterford Steering Committee Meetings, or please feel free to get in touch if you would like some information about Healthy Waterford.